Saturday, April 28, 2007

Welcome Home, Baby Alyssa


Sorry, I haven't posted in a while, but my wife had our baby. She was born on Wednesday evening about 11:32 P.M. Mom and Baby are in good health. It is a cool experience to be a part of; the whole birth process. Quite amazing, I'll have to say.

We just made it through our first evening at home. Alyssa did pretty well in giving us a few hours of uninterrupted sleep between feedings. My Beloved and I tried to take turns in the process of getting up. (Not as much I can do, but I try) I can hand her the baby and/or burp her and/or burrito wrap her and/or put her back to sleep. In the in-between-feedings, I think we were able to get some sleep, though my neck feels like someone was karate-chopping it all night. Strange. I say...Gotta watch out for the sneaky ninjas. Anyway...

I'll have to change the purpose of this blog, because I'm sure Iwill now move into talking about purposefully raising a child in the ways of God and the joys and challenges that go along with it. I will try to continue with my blog commitment for now, but surely not as often as before. ;-)

God bless,


Derrick

No comments: