Monday, April 06, 2015

Music Monday- In Christ Alone



Now, I know none of you ever do this, but I do. I go to church and then I forget what is taught. Even if I have my notes, it is not always helpful because I rarely look back at them, unless it is to look at the reminder note I left myself to check/do something.

For me, music is important. I listen to a lot of podcasts, but the same applies as above. But a song can transcend the day. Even if all I remember is the chorus, it is a little theological nugget of goodness.

All the more reason that the songs we sing need to be solid Biblical songs, not just using Biblical language. It must be grounded in His Word to find any real grounding in our heart. If we are encouraged by something that has no foundation, it will not last...it is just positive thinking. And it may be nice, but in the midst of the chaos and difficulty in life, I need something that will actually hold firm.

This is why it is important to have songs that focus more on Jesus and what He has done...versus how I feel about Jesus. Because, man, my feelings, are fickle. They toss and turn depending on my mood.

Thankfully, He never changes, and that is why this song resonates so much, for me. Anything I have is because of Him...His life, death and resurrection. Be encouraged this Easter Monday.

D.

No comments: