Saturday, October 22, 2005

Three Wishes/ Home Makeover

Ok, for those of you that know me, I can be a sensitive guy. My lovely wife and I watched, for the first time, Three Wishes (Fri 9:00PM NBC) with Amy Grant. We liked this show. We (OK, I was) were crying during the previews. At first, you watch it, and you know what's gonna happen (happy things-good things), but I still teared up when it's all said and done. Some may think that it is silly to cry over something like that, but I say :-P

One wish was a young man who got a device put in his ear that helped him not to stutter, which he has been doing for most of his life. I used to have a lisp when I was in elementary school, so I am a little connected that way, but, who am I kidding, I would still be crying like a little girl. (No offense ladies)

One wish was an adopted lady (30) finding her birth mother. (I always cry on these-You Are The Baby's Momma!!!---I told you, I told you!!!--sorry had a Maury moment) Anyway, good stuff. It helps me chip away some of my cynicism about the realities of life-that good things can happen. And since I don't cry a whole lot usually, it is good for me to know that I am not completely hardened; that I am can show emotion.

Derrick

Keep me in prayer-there is a possible long term sub. position opening up in Jan (it would be a good opportunity to get my body in the door for a full time position)

No comments: