Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sad News

The other day, we learned that a local pricipal, 59, died of a heart attack while playing softball. Please keep in prayer the family, students and staf of Yucca Loma Elementary.

He was very well liked and his Christian faith seemed to influence his decisions as a leader. That is always good to hear. I hope in my life, people not only think I am a nice guy, but that they know WHY I was a nice guy.

In the public school system, it is more difficult to share the reasons for one's faith, but perhaps to paraphrase Russ from before, some of our best examples are folks who talk less and live out their life more. I know I need to do that more.

Derrick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very sad news. But I am glad he was a christian and he will be in haven with God.

D.B. said...

I agree. Thanks for posting. Come back soon.

Derrick