Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday: Random Thoughts

Although this is only my second entry into random thoughts, I apologize for any repeated thoughts. It will happen sooner than I like to admit, though I suppose I just did.

1) I often wonder what is wrong with my brain.

2) I refuse to look at websites that show all sorts of symptoms for diseases for fear that I "have" all sorts of diseases.

3) After a trip to the Science Discovery Center, I realize that other people's kids bug me more than mine. Is it because I can discipline mine or that others' kids are more annoying?

4) Many people don't understand my dry humor, aka sarcasm, aka being a jerk. These do not seem to always be mutually exclusive.

5) Does anyone else think that a 3 minute YouTube video sometimes seems like a big time commitment?

1 comment:

Kwame E. said...

«1) I often wonder what is wrong with my brain.»

I can relate.

«2) I refuse to look at websites that show all sorts of symptoms for diseases for fear that I "have" all sorts of diseases.»

That is a good thing.

«3) After a trip to the Science Discovery Center, I realize that other people's kids bug me more than mine. Is it because I can discipline mine or that others' kids are more annoying?»

At least in the case of one’s own flesh and blood kids have the redeeming quality of being flesh and blood; you remove that part of the equation and it becomes so much easier to see people for what they really are and how they really are.

«4) Many people don't understand my dry humor, aka sarcasm, aka being a jerk.»

I think there are places in the country where those sorts of things would be an asset.

«5) Does anyone else think that a 3 minute YouTube video sometimes seems like a big time commitment?»

Any clip that takes more than 10 seconds to skip to the chase had better be good and come with the promise of being good.